Sunday, May 17, 2009

Worlds Worst Blogger

I know!  I'm the World's Worst Blogger.  So it's been a few months since I updated this?  I guess I just think that I don't ever have anything to post about.  Here's what we've been up to (if anyone even bothers to check this blog anymore). 
  • work and school, of course
  • hanging out with fam  
  • bumming about the Jazz losing 
  • taking a couples ballroom dance class together..isn't that sweet of Colby to humor me?
  • movie date nights  
  • taking the dog on park adventures 
  • having fun with my friend Lisa, who just returned from her mission.
  • the following with picture illustrations:


We got to go to the Sunday afternoon session of General Conference.  Nothing like listening to the prophet speak to really put everything in perspective.  My eyes are closed in this pic. Nice.



My mom graduated from the University of Pheonix with a BS in business.  Way to go mom.  Isn't she cute?



Took the dog to Tanner Park.  It was a neat wooded area, felt like we were in the middle of nowhere, even though we were next to the freeway.  We got out right before a torrential downpour.



Happy Mother's Day!  We spent the day at my mom's house with my Grandma Georgia and other Grandma Arleen.  It was a fun day.


It was Colby's and mine two year anniversary on May 10th.  I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful guy.  To celebrate we went up to Logan and stayed in the Anniversary Inn.  It was beautiful.  The next day we went to the Logan temple and did sealings.  It was a neat thing to do on an anniversary.  Colby and I are going to try and go to every temple in Utah this year-one each month.  One down, 11 to go. 

 

This is a picture of us outside of the temple.  My eyes are closed again.  I can't win.



Colby next to the fountain and tulips.  Isn't he handsome?



Welcome baby Jaxon Owen Heaps!  My in-laws Nate and Val had a new baby boy last week.  Isn't he so cute and tiny?



Here he is with his dad.  Look at all that hair!  I'm glad I married in to a family that gave me such cute neices and nephews.

5 comments:

Becky said...

It looks like you have been up to a lot to me! That Tanner Park looks amazing! I'd never heard of it before. Sorry about your eyes being closed...I can't win in a lot of pictures either!

Terry said...

Silly Rachel...you have LOTS to blog about! :) Love you!

CHYNOWETH FAM said...

fun to see you post again. I think that is such a great goal to visit every utah temple.

Chera Reese said...

It has been WAY too long Rachel! Shallon just had her b-day dinner at Tanner park, I like it there! You have been up to a lot more than you thought now that you posted it huh? Congrats on 2 years, I'm jealous of your goal! I've wanted to go to all of the Utah temples for a year and a half now... Let me know if you ever want to do one together (wherever it is!)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. We had a goal to attend each temple around the world after we got married and at the time I think there were around 17 or so, which seemed doable until they added another 115. Oh well it was a nice thought. Tell your mom congratulations on the graduation!!