To celebrate our four day weekend Colby and I decided to take our first camping trip of the season. Hooray! We went up American Fork canyon to a place called Cascade Springs. There is a scenic site that has bridges and walkways through waterfalls and pools of natural spring water. It was really pretty! Our camp was only a couple miles away near a river. When we go camping I always hope to see deer or elk or something. We did see a humming bird, yellow warbler, and a hawk.
The weather was really great until about 9:00 Sunday night. It started raining and never stopped. Colby's dad Steve and brother Kyle braved the weather to come up and spend time with us and sample my cobbler. Actually Steve ended up rescuing us by blowing up our air mattress. Best dad ever!
We took these pics after camping for two days-thus the grunge look.
My regular mountain man
Abbie loves camping! She is such an outdoorsy dog. She stayed wet pretty much the whole trip.
2 comments:
That camping site looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Trent and I will hopefully try it out this summer! I'm also jealous that your dog is so outdoorsy--ours likes to run and be outside, but she can be a bit prissy.
It looks like you really had a great time!!
Post a Comment