Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dentist Surgery

For the last week, I've had a toothache over a root canal I had a while ago. I thought that maybe it was a bruise but it started to throb over the weekend. So I made a dentist appointment yesterday and my dentist said that there was a abscess at the root of my back molar. He referred me to a endodontic specialist. I went there today and they showed me some x-rays, which showed that my tooth roots bent out to the side which caused the infection. So they performed a minor surgery and cut opens my gums and cut off the bottom of the roots and then stitched me up. Fantastic day. So I'm just pretty sore and on percocet. I'll sleep well tonight.
Also, I can't brush my teeth for a week but they gave me a special mouth wash which they say will do the trick instead of brushing. Where was this stuff all my life? If it works, I may have to see if I can get my hands on some more of it.

You all know you wanted to see it.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I had some type of abcess 6 months after I got my wisdom teeth out. I got some food or something in the hole before it closed up and then it started hurting one night before bed and then I woke up in the morning to and it looked like a grapefruit was growing out of my cheek. And I REALLY would like to get my hands on that mouthwash too!

Rachel-you can totally use any pics you like. Just click on them to make them big and then right-click and save them to your desktop or something. And I'm all for a camping trip!

CHYNOWETH FAM said...

Sorry, I guess you really did have a good excuse not to run with us.