Monday, October 20, 2008

Deer Hunt

This past weekend was the deer hunt. We went back up east of Heber again. It was still an unsuccessful hunt for me. But I did have a exciting morning. I started off at the top of a ridge and was walking through some thick quaker trees and didn't have the best visual. I had taken a break to listen and heard up the hill from me a crash of a tree or something, so I went up that way and found a meadow and 6 or so deer that took off running when they saw me. So I tried to follow and walked up and down some canyons and when I thought I lost them, I saw them running just over a ridge. I slowly walked to the top of the ridge and they were just standing there about 75 yards away or so. So I scoped them and they were all doe's but one. It was a good sized two point, but I didn't have a good shot so I waited until they started walking towards an opening. I shot but apparently missed. I tried tracking them when they took off running but was unable to find them. In that same area my cousin Matt shot a nice 3x4. (Pictures below)


3 comments:

Brittany said...

if you ever post pictures like these again i will throw up.

Becky said...

I LOVE the deer hunt! Sorry you lost your buck...we didn't even end up seeing one opening morning! But it sounded like quite the thrilling chase...

Terry said...

You are a Bambi killer!