Friday, December 7, 2007

Asian Star Review

This evening, Rachel and I went out to eat at the Asian Star. It is located 7588 South Union Park Ave. ( 1300 East ) in Salt Lake City. I was very impressed at the interior decoration. Very nice. We sat down and looked at the menu and decided to skip away from the traditional lettuce wraps (which we love), but decided to get an appetizer of pot stickers. I highly recommend them. They were very tasty. I ordered sesame chicken and Rachel ordered cashew chicken. They were both very good, but I think I liked the cashew chicken a little more. It would have been better without the celery in it but Rachel disagrees with me.
The service was fair, with nothing to brag about. And my gripe was the fact that there were several of the drink refillers who did not speak English, which made for some awkward moments. All in all, I give it four stars out of five. There is this delivery Chinese food where we live that is to die for. That's right, to die for. And its cheaper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping us updated. That place is right by where I used to work, and I've always wanted to eat there. Keep up the strong work. Your over eatting will be to our advantage!!!! sam

Anonymous said...

What is the name of the cheaper take out? Or is it frozen takeout at the grocery store? It is nice that you are sacrificing yourselves for the rest of us.

Dad

Colby said...

The better chinese take out (or dine in) is called Hunan Express. Location is 1883 E. Fort Union Blvd. The Cashew chicken and the Sesame chicken is the bomb. The best.