Sunday, October 3, 2010

Deer Hunt

This past Wednesday through Saturday was the muzzle loader deer hunt. It was our first time doing the muzzle loader hunt as we usually do the rifle hunt. For those who do not know the difference, a muzzle loader rifle is the old fashioned style where you put the black powder and the bullet manually down the barrel and pack it in. It takes a lot longer to reload the gun and you have to make sure your shot counts.

I went up Wednesday by myself to set up camp due to some last minute work for my dad. Unfortunately, I forgot the lamps and flashlights that were in my dads car so I set up the tent by light of the truck.



Here is a video I took while sitting under a tree. There were some leaves crunching on the left and it was several deer that crossed the meadow in front of me. One came pretty close to where I was. 

Greg and my dad both got a deer. Even though I wasn't so lucky, I enjoyed this hunt more than the others because I saw much more deer, even though they were doe's. It was also much warmer than usual because it is a little earlier in the season. Better luck next year.



1 comment:

CHYNOWETH FAM said...

sweet! good video of the deer.