Monday, November 17, 2008

Colorado Springs

This last weekend, Rachel and I traveled with my parents to Colorado Springs to see BYU play Air Force Academy. It worked out perfectly because my aunt and uncle live out there so we got to spend time with them.

This is Rachel and I at the Garden of the Gods. Its a pretty awesome place.

Also at the Garden of the Gods

The United States Olympic Committee is stationed in Colorado Springs and we went to the training center visitors center. This is where all of the athletes go to live and train for the Olympics. It was pretty cool.

This is an overview of the stadium. My uncle had inside tickets to the special luncheon for the Generals and Captains, which he gave to Rachel and I, so we got the special treatment of free food and drinks. I was lucky I was not wearing and BYU appearal because I don't think I would have made it out alive.

Before the game started, tons of cadets go on the field standing in attention. It was pretty impressive. Then they had about 6 parachuters drop from the sky. And right before the game they had a flyover right above the stadium with 3 jets. I can't remember which ones but it was loud and awesome.

This is BYU doing the Haka.

After the game is over, the Air Force players go and salute the cadets and there is some song that is played, and the BYU players went and joined in giving thanks for their service.

Me and my dad.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Go BYU! I'm so jealous you got to go to the game!